District Meeting - Aug 1, 2019, 7:00pm
Post date: Jul 26, 2019 12:36:34 PM
NORTH BANNOCK COUNTY FIRE DISTRICT
The North Bannock County Fire District has found it necessary to form its own fire department in order to ensure fire protection for the residents living in the North Bannock County Fire District. To ensure the successful development of the department, a vote on a levy increase is scheduled for August 6, 2019. To help understand the why, what and how, an open informational meeting is being scheduled.
When: August 1, 2019 (Thursday) @ 7:00 pm
Where: Red Lion Hotel Bannock Room
1555 Pocatello Creek Rd, Pocatello
The purpose of the meeting is to inform voters of the current status of the volunteer fire department, to explain the need for the levy increase and answer any questions that voters may have concerning the proposed vote and the fire department.
• The City of Chubbuck canceled their contracts to provide fire services to our District and Eastern Power County Fire District. The contracts end on September 30, 2019.
• Discussions with the City of Chubbuck, City of Pocatello and Fort Hall were undertaken. Unfortunately, a suitable arrangement could not be found with any entity.
• A volunteer fire department is currently being organized.
• The North Bannock Fire District currently has no equipment, firefighting personnel or
fire station to provide fire services.
• A lack of fire services could affect your homeowners/business insurance coverage
North Bannock County Fire Commissioners,
Roy Allen Steve Klauser Bruce Savage